Saturday 25 September 2010

Hair set - "Glamorous Casual" pin curls

Hello dearies

Well, as mentioned yesterday I have a new, professionally done, middy hair cut and last night I set it for the first time.  I decided to choose the "Glamorous Casual" pin curl set that you can find all over the Internet (a great example of this set can bee seen on Screen Siren's blog) as this was the first pin curl set I tried when getting into vintage and I know its a fairly simple set to put in and brush out.


So, I put Eastenders on the telly, got the mirror off the wall and sat down with a glass of wine to set my hair.

As my hair is fine and prone to frizz I used fewer, larger pin curls than the diagram suggests, so three rows of standing pin curls on top, two rows of two on the side and three rows at the back.







I put these in on dry hair using a rat tail comb wet with a 4:1 water and Lottabody setting lotion mix.  You can buy Lottabody online or it can usually be found in ethnic hair and beauty shops.

I'm not good at rolling pin curls, as you can see from my messy pic, so I tend to roll them around something - usually a mascara tube, or, if I want tight 30's frizzy curls I have an original "Hold Bob" pin curl roller.  I'm planning  blog on weird and wonderful vintage hair tools so you'll see that later.

So, I put all the curls in and slept on them to let them dry and I've just brushed them out.  They didn't turn out frizzy but I do wish I'd done slightly tighter curls at the back.  Still, not bad for a first attempt on a new cut, I hope you'll agree.  I arranged small curls at the front rather than a wave, I got a bit overexcited.





Just look at that MASSIVE wave in the front I'm rather pleased with her.


Happy hair day one and all.

6 comments:

  1. Can you purlease teach me? I'm coming round so you can do my 'air. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is that?? I need to get me some hair pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you look great! If I just had my hair a bit shorter, maybe I could get something close to that...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to teach you Katie.

    It really is an easy set and brush out and Sarasaprilla, honestly, longer hair would be better. I'd say give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete