Thursday 16 December 2010

Blog of the month - Subversive Lesbian Anarchic Femme

OK - this a new thing for me - but I've decided to start a blog of the month piece to introduce you lovelies to the blogs I adore - some you will know and some you might not.

For December I have chosen the quite wonderful Subversive Lesbian Anarchic Femme



Why do I love this blog?  Well, for three major reasons:

1) it's a queer femme blog, and femme visibility is an important thing, read her great post on this here
2) its a knitting blog (with some embroidery and sewing for good measure)
3) its vintage knitting too, with free vintage knitting patterns, some unusual ones too!

Vintage + femme + knitting = Utter Bliss.

Oh, and I love the kitty picture!

Oh #2 and her pink hair is the colour I've always dreamed of.

 Take a visit and peruse the place for yourself!

And a thank you to the writer herself for brightening my internet life! x

10 comments:

  1. how refreshing! there's a major heteronormative bias in the blogosphere (and the vintage community), so it's cool to know of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! Agree with BVV - refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! And what a lovely idea! I love discovering new blogs. Looking forward to next months choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blog and a great find, Lisa - worth following for the fabulous title alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip! I am following SLAF now. Agree with the 'refreshing' comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am rather new to this Blogosphere, but not to living vintage. I just discovered your blog, and I really enjoyed your essay about ’living in the wrong era’. Like you, I do not consider myself displaced in time – which does not make me blind to the problems of our era! – and I can to a large extent appreciate my love for ’traditional’ femininity within a contemporary context with markedly less social, sexual, economical and cultural restrictions on women than ever – at least in some parts of our part of the world. And I must say that your first choice of a blog of the month is a beautiful confirmation of this fact.
    Jannie Anna Linde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I found your blog through Penny Dreadful's site! Love it! I'm a follower now! I especially love your pin curl sets.

    Cheers!
    Lisa
    Butterflies and Daisys Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently discovered her blog and I LOVE it for all the reasons you said. And, I also agree with the Vintage Baroness. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - i'm blushing big time now! Thank you for your lovely words! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great write-up. I actually do enjoy the wonderful job produced by your company

    ReplyDelete