Sunday 3 April 2011

Knitting Magazine - vintage edition



I regularly peruse the knitting magazines in my local WHSmith whilst waiting to catch the train home and usually there isn't a lot to interest me but today - wow - I picked up and and subsequently purchased Knitting Magazine's vintage edition.

The magazine includes several vintage inspired knits - everything from jumpers to capes and a fabulous Miss Marple inspired hand bag.  My favourite being an early Thirties style sailor top that I plan on adapting to a shorter late Thirties style.  Yes, I'm getting that confident with my knitting skills these days (famous last words...)



There is also an interview with the inspiring knitwear designer Lise-Lotte Lystrup - author of "Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters" - one of my favourite knitting books, available on Amazon.



The magazine is available from most branches of WH Smith and via this website.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'm going to have to investigate if I can get this issue over here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm looking for when I'm next in town!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is great! Even I, not a very skilled knitter, understands the patterns in that book just fine.

    ReplyDelete